These instructions assume that you have awb installed, but have never used it and don’t know what you’re doing.
- Unpack the sample archive to an awb source directory, such as
- Create a text file /home/user/.config/awb/awb.conf with the following content:
[sample] siteroot: /home/user/awb-sample baseurl: http://example.com asciidoc options: -d book -b html4 tidy: true
- Make any changes to your awb.conf file as required by the sample.
- Create the directory /home/user/awb-sample/html
- Open a terminal window and run
- Take a look at the output in /home/user/awb-sample/html
- Start editing the source files and see what happens. In addition to the AsciiDoc user guide, you may find this cheatsheet handy.
Here is the awb website source as the first example. The asciidoc options specified in awb.conf are:
asciidoc options: -b html4 -d book -a icons -f /home/user/awb-sample/src/html4.conf